Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day

Today was Sophia's first chance to play in the snow. All the other times it has "snowed" it has melted before I have been able to get off work. Needless to say, it wasn't the best snow ever. That layer of ice on top was an interesting treat. Sophia didn't know quite what to make of it. She would take a few steps when she stayed on top of the ice and then all of the sudden she would hear a cracking noise and then sink down the 3 inches (maybe less) to the ground. She was not a fan of that. She didn't walk around much in it but we managed to have fun anyway. She wanted to play on her swingset and in her garden. So we played on the snow covered swing and went down the snow/ice covered slide and played in the garden. For Christmas her MeMe (my dad's mom) got her an awesome sled which she calls "my seat". I pulled her around in that for a little while. She really liked that; especially when I ran. The pictures I got don't really show that she liked it, you'll just have to take my word for it. Chloe had a great time. She ran around like a crazy dog. She was nuts. By the time we came in she was drenched and muddy. I was so glad that I got to spend a day home with Sophia.



I am sure that everytime you see a kid in a huge snowsuit you think of Ralphie's brother in A Christmas Story. But seeing Sophia in her snowsuit reminded me more of Ralphie in that pink pj outfit that looked like a bunny. The words of his father come to mind when I look at Sophia. "That is a pink nightmare." Yes, but what do you want for a couple of bucks from a yard sale? It kept her warm and dry. Cory thinks it is ridiculous.

One awesome sled


Enjoying the swingset. It was kind of slow going on the slide. It was a good thing she had on that much padding because the first time she went down, the ice was breaking up underneath her. I had to practically pull her down the slide. She didn't care. She loved it.

Sophia's first snowball. She was so proud.


She was so unsure of her footing that she just wouldn't give up the binky. She did learn 2 new words. Snow and ice. Not a bad day's work.

2 comments:

The Aguilars said...

She looks like a pink powder puff. How cute!

thebanetfamily said...

"I can't put my arms down!" How cute is that!!